Aug 27, 2009
Yup. We're doing it. So far I have about 12 families who are committed to Tag Sale Heaven to be held on Palisado Ave, mostly near the Historic District. This is going to be filled with glassware, toys, furniture, knicknacks, linens, housewares, books, antiques stuff, and other gems.
Rant time: my wonderful husband has been adding more and more items to the tag sale boxes we have in our garage, just waiting to be placed on a tag sale table. However, some of those items or beloved. By me. I've had to sneak them back into the house. I just don't get why he'd try to sell the kids' boxing gloves, an antique bed that I promise I will restore one of these days, the hanging cauliflower wall art I purchased at another tag sale, and other of my treasures. This just plain annoys me. I'm sure some of these items will find their way outside on the BIG DAY, but for now I'm holding onto them as much as I can for now. HMPF!
Confession time. I'm not happy about getting my neighbors together in rampant enthusiam for selling their wares. This is simply because I really just want to GO to their tag sales and buy buy buy. And I want to be the first person there. To be honest, I want their discarded items even before I've seen them. I know, I know, it's an issue with me. Heck, I just don't want to miss out on say, a great bargain on a rice cooker, another mannequin (male this time), antique Christmas ornaments or really cool frames for my artwork.
Check out the Palisado Avenue Tag Sale Heaven. But please save the good stuff for me:
DATE: Sept 12, 2009
TIME: 8am-1pm (or later)
ADDRESS: Palisado Avenue, Windsor, CT (cross street Poquonock Ave) - follow the fluorescent signs.
PLEASE FEEL FREE to post questions.
May 21, 2009
Spend your Saturday in beautiful and quaint Chester, Connecticut. It starts early, so get there about an hour before, find a good place to park and be sure to wear sneakers. Don’t forget to wear a hat, sunblock, bring cash and a good-sized car to tote your wares in. You’ll be wonderfully surprised at the amazing and cool things for sale in Chester. So New England!
From the Chester Historical Society website:
Visitors flock to Chester from all over Connecticut and New York, and even as far away as New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Vermont, to partake in the concentration of fabulous tag sales that happen here in Chester that day. Each year more than 500 maps, listing usually over 60 sales, are distributed.
Date: Saturday, May 23, 2009
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Chester is located on the Connecticut River about 10 miles North of Old Saybrook. If traveling from the North or North West, take Route 9 South from I-91 south of Hartford. If traveling from the South West or East, take Route 9 North from I-95.
Parking: The Mill has limited parking. When parking is available, it is usually restricted for handicap use. When we have a large event, we sometimes use our small parking lot for a tent. In this case, there is NO parking on the premises. Please note that parking is not permitted in the driveway to our building. This is a shared driveway that does not belong to us. It must be kept clear at all times for the residents who live further down the drive. Public parking is available:
- in the Town Center
- just up West Main Street at the Public Library
- when available, just next door to the Library at the United Church
- at 4 Water Street behind the stone building
- farther down Water street across from the bank off Maple Street
Apr 8, 2009
Need something fun to do on the weekends? Looking for a reamer, a sombrero, a kitty tree, ironing board, rice cooker, old new clothes, games, ginzu knives, flower brooch? (Or maybe one of these toxic plastic creative sets of which I wonder if it was responsible for rampant Adult ADD.) Spend a day at one of these flea markets here in Connecticut:
- SUNDAY: Clinton Village Antique & Collectible Flea Market. Clinton Village. 327 E. Main Street. Route 1. 10 am - 5 pm. New market new market featuring quality collectibles, junque and antiques. (860) 669-3839.
- SUNDAY: Coventry Flea Market. 44 Lake Street. Junction of Route 31 and Route 275. Hours 9am-4pm. Ample parking. Indoor/outdoor market with approximately 75 dealers. New merchandise, furniture, jewelry, advertising items, antiques, collectibles, crafts, pottery, and used merchandise. (860) 742-1993 or 742-9362. Market open year around.
- SUNDAY: College Mart Flea Market, Jewett City. Wedgewood Drive. Market open 9am-4pm year round. Plenty of parking. Approx. 150 dealers. Antique to miscellaneous merchandise, crafts. Inside and outside, year round. (860) 376-3935 or 672-6248.
- SUNDAY: Eastern Connecticut Flea Market, Mansfield. Junction 31 and 32. Mansfield Drive In Theater. Hours 8am - 3pm. Ample parking. Approx. 200 dealers. Antiques, collectibles, new and used items, toys, sportswear, bric-a-brac. tables available. (860) 456-2578. Seasonal market open from early spring through Thanksgiving.
- SUNDAY: Peddlers Market, Naugatuck. 1106 New Haven Road. Hours dawn to dusk. Ample parking. Outdoor market with an average of 100 dealers. Antiques, collectibles, new and used merchandise, furniture, housewares, sporting goods. Market open May-October. (203) 729-6339 or 729-7762.
- SUNDAY: Elephants Trunk Flea Market, New Milford. Route 7. I-84, Exit 7. Hours: 6am to 2:30pm. Adm. $1. Ample parking. Approx. 200 dealers, antiques, collectibles, jewelry, new and used merchandise, sportswear, electronics, housewares. (860) 355-1448.
- SUNDAY: Old Mystic Outdoor Antique Flea Market. Route 27 and I-95. Hours 8am-5pm. Ample parking. Approx. 40 dealers. Crafts, art, antiques, collectibles, jewelry, glassware. Seasonal market. Open March-December. (860) 536-0646.
- SUNDAY: Southington Swap and Shop. 1281 Meriden Waterbury Turnpike, Southington , Ct 06489. Showcase CINEMAS. Next to Truck Stop. Open May through November. Sundays 7AM - 3PM. (860) 628-0077.
- SUNDAY: NEW Indoor Flea Market in Moosup. Main St., 395 exit 89, take left go to stop take left, we are 100ft on right behind BofA. 1000's of items new & used fine antiques, toys, collectables, household items & many other things. (860) 428-2681.
- SAT & SUN: Boulevard Flea Market, New Haven. 500 E. T. Grasso Blvd. I-95 Exit 44 or 45. Hours: 7am to 4pm. Free adm, paid parking. Outdoor market with approx. 100 dealers. Market is strong on new merchandise at severely discounted prices. Some collectibles, used merchandise, closeout goods. (203) 772-1447 or (877) 228-7554.
- SAT & SUN: Maplewood Indoor Flea Market. Danbury Road, New Milford. Route 7. I-84, Exit 7, 4 miles north. Hours: 8:30am to 4pm. Free adm, ample parking. Approx 75 dealers. Antiques, collectibles, new and used merchandise. (860) 350-0454.
- SAT & SUN: Wrights Flea Market, Torrington. Route 4. Hours 10am-4:30pm. Ample parking. Indoor market with approximately 40 dealers. Market is mainly antiques and collectibles, some secondhand items and some bric-a-brac. Nice place to find good quality smalls at very attractive prices. (860) 482-1186 or 482-0095.
- SAT & SUN: Redwood Country Flea Market, Wallingford. 170 South Turnpike Road. Every Sat. & Sun. year round! Approx. 60-90 dealers, Ample Free parking, Free admission, Antiques, Collectibles, New & Used items, Sports Items, Tools, Music, DVDs, Produce, Flowers, Clothing, Jewelry, Coins. Hours: 6 AM to 2:30 PM. (203) 269-3500.
- Middletown Flea Market, 835 Washington St., Middletown, Ct 06457. (860) 346-8877.
- Historic Risom Mill Flea Market at 43 Connecticut Mills Ave, Danielson, CT, 06239. Easy access from 395, then just follow Route 12 directly to Lewis Blvd, proceeding 2 blocks directly to Risom Mill main gate. We are a well established market that began back in 1980. (860) 779-7866 or (860) 888-6900.